How to resolve order errors including invalid address and sold out products.
If you run into issues with your orders such as not being able to checkout or process the order, here's how you can resolve the issue and continue fulfilling your orders. If you're facing a problem not listed below, please contact support.
I can't check out, one or more products are sold out in my order
If a product is sold out, you will need to remove the product(s) from the order from your Shopify so that the rest of the products in the order can be checked out.
Follow the steps below in this article for each respective order.
1. Where can you find the orders that have this issue?
You can find orders with this issue by going into your Unpaid orders and scrolling down to find them.
2. Hit the “Edit Order” button to go to the respective Shopify order. Please take note of the items that are sold out in the order.
3. Once inside the Shopify order page, you can choose to either 1) “Refund” the product(s) from the order, or 2) “Edit” the order and “Remove” the product(s). Either option will be able to prevent the sold-out product from stopping checkout.
If you choose to refund, Shopify will notify and refund your customer. If you choose just to edit and remove, there will be no automatic refund to your customer. Once the sold-out items are removed from here, they should also automatically be removed on KiwiDrop.
4. Once the update to the order has synced over to KiwiDrop, you should see that the sold-out error message is no longer there and now you can manually checkout on KiwiDrop.
The order won't process, the address is invalid.
If the address for the order is invalid, you will need to edit the address from your Shopify. You can do this by:
1. Go to the order in your Shopify admin. We've provided a link to the corresponding Shopify order inside the order detail page on KiwiDrop.
2. Once inside the Shopify order page, check for any errors in the Shipping address. This can include the Zip code not matching with the country or state/province or a missing field. Once you've found the error, please change it and save it.
3. Once the update to the order has synced over to KiwiDrop, the error should go away and you can continue to process the order on KiwiDrop.
The order won't process, the address is missing.
If the address for the order is missing, and you have not yet set up a default address, you should set up a default address. Please read this guide on how to set up a default address.
If you already have a default address set up, and you want to add the default address to your order that doesn't yet have a Default address, press "Apply address to existing orders".
Once you have done this, you can return to KiwiDrop and continue by pressing "Process" on the order.
I've accidentally canceled an order. How can I place it again?
If you have canceled an order for any reason, you can place the order again by going into Shopify and under "More actions", pressing "Duplicate". We've provided a link to the corresponding Shopify order inside the order detail page on KiwiDrop.
Duplicating the order will create an entirely new order both on KiwiDrop and on your Shopify. Once you have done so, please check back on KiwiDrop and continue to checkout.
If the order issue is not listed above, please reach out to our customer support.